Sinister: Our own private picnic 2 - The other side replies

Guilherme Barrella guile at xxx.br
Wed Jun 23 22:44:53 BST 1999

Hello sinisterines,

Oh, well... I can't believe I'm posting... As you all know (if you do your homework and read all the posts), Gabriela had put me in a terrible situation. She wants to bring me from Lurkerland to tell my side of the history. The brazilian picnic, as she called it. Ok, my turn...

(I can't help getting all mellow and shy and, forgive me the word, twee)

It's a love story, but I won't tell you the details, I'm too shy. Gabi said that she didn't know that shyness was contagious. First of all, the sinister chatroom... Oh God, what a embarrassing situation, everyone talking about our meeting, or, as they said, our date... And Alistair said he was the cupid... I was terrified. And now I know she thought that I was a psycho...

I couldn't wait the moment to see her... I couldn't eat, I couldn't talk, I couldn't drink. I was way too anxious. Anyway, we finally met each other and it was so hard to notice that we're at a bar, rounded with strange people. It was like if there were just the two of us, no one else. "And then?" You're probably asking yourselves... Well, it's not polite to ask... Oh, I'll tell you with just a phrase:

Beautiful girl, lovely dress, high school smiles, oh yes... (Thanks, Violent Femmes)

And she couldn't tell you that since that day, I'm floating, and listening to Belle & Sebastian has a new meaning to me now...  My friends couldn't believe when I finally said the word "happy" again, and I mean it.

If you want to know more, don't ask me. I've said enough and I think I've said too much. Gabi, if you feel like talking, go ahead. And it was a two-people-picnic, we don't have any pictures. :)

I don't understand how I could write all this... but I do understand why it is so hard to press the send button right now... Oh, I think I'll do it anyway.

Oh, by the way, I want to answer to Arantxa about the relation between music and weather... I understand what you meant but the weather is not really important. You know, I lived here in Brazil all my life and I don't like the summer too much, but what can I do? Well, suddenly I realised that I missed the whole point, sorry, I'll keep it short. I don't care about the sun, I don't care about the heat, I don't care about the flames... I know where the cold is, deep inside my frozen hopeless heart. It doesn't matter how hot is if you're sad and lonely. Oh, and I
love the winter sun... Oh, just one more thing, São Paulo is a grey city, it helps (?) a lot.

Peace,

Gui

"Crap English, Crap!"
Gui, while writing this message.

PS - I say hello to all the people that I met at the chatroom... and all the people that got at least one mail from me... Look! I'm here!

PS 2 - I know it was rude of me telling a story without introducing myself first... I apologise and I promise to do it someday...