Sinister: Re: Images

Justin Williams justin at xxx.com
Fri Jun 25 16:47:46 BST 1999

Hello those out there of a sinister nature,

I hope this post is not met with too much conflict, but I feel I must make
a comment about the recent string of shallow posts on the relativeness of
B&S's popularity to their appearances. Come on people, is shallowness
really what B&S fans are all about? I'm not into name dropping, but I have
read "I would hate them if they didn't look the way they did" and other
such things and it uneases me. Hopefully there are more people on the list
who don't care about things like appearances than there are that do. I have
seen too many people like a band just for their image, and eventually they
all start looking like the band which I think is absolutely funny and
ridiculous. It's one thing to admire their looks in conjunction with their
music, but rating appearance over sound?? I don't know, I don't mean to
offend anyone, but if B&S are about an image, I think I will stick to just
listening to them rather than go to see them (which if they are not, I
would give up my first born to see them live). I sincerely hope there are
people out in sinister land that agree with me, but if not, se la vie or
something of that sort. Take care everyone, again, no offense intended...

Justin W
Felonius Monk

"Often I tried the frightening way of "reality,"
 Where things that count are profession, law, fashion, finance,
 But disillusioned and freed I fled away alone
 To the other side, the place of dreams and blessed folly." - Hermann
Hesse, Wanderings