Sinister: Connections

McQuain, Chris CMcQuain at xxx.org
Fri Jun 25 20:27:28 BST 1999

>>What is the link between the woman from Sleater Kinney and B&S? I was
surprised they were at Bowlie, and then I saw her in one of their videos.<<

Sleater-Kinney are from my hometown (Portland, Oregon, USA...) so I flipped
when I saw Corin Tucker in the Dirty Dream #2 video.  The only connection I
can think of is that, while Sleater-Kinney are on the Kill Rock Stars label
in the US, they're on Matador in the UK, while Belle & Sebastian are on
Jeepster in the UK, but they're on Matador here. So, they're both on Matador
in each other's countries. Plus, I think they share a very similar
independent-pop idealism, though Sleater-Kinney is much noisier (an
arbitrary distinction, methinks) than B&S.

I'd like to say that, as all you residents of Glasgow well know, it's great
to live in the same town as a 'pop star' you admire, and see them walking
around doing their shopping and things. It's sweet, not like South Park
'sweet', just sweet  :)  She's a very nice girl, that Corin, very generous
in her personality.

-Chris