Sinister: Runnin' away, to get away, hee hee, hee, hee

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Sat Jun 26 03:23:58 BST 1999

oooh, I never hear about anyone liking Sly! So underrated compared to your
Bobby Dylans and Mike Jaggers and whonot. There's a Riot Goin' On is
absolutely the best Sly album. Radically disillusioned compared to their
preceding albums, which are much more upbeat. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice
Elf Again) is redone as Thank You For Talkin' To Me Africa on Riot, and it
kills me listening to both as the second version is this smacked-out bitter
funk that mocks the hopefulness of the original. The band's anthology
includes every great song they did with the exception of If You Want Me to
Stay on Fresh, so it is completely worth owning. I was stuck in traffic today
sweating like a mule, and Hot Fun in the Summertime came on and I roused out
of my stupor long enough to invent some hand motions to go along with the
lyrics. Whoopee!