Sinister: summer fun in a beat up datsun

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Sat Jun 26 22:02:14 BST 1999

HOLAAAA

just for the rekkid, i didn't know what most of B/s looked like till i saw
them in DC in person.  i didn't even know which stuart was which, or who
they were.  i knew isobel cos her picture was in the puncture article and i
thought she was a stone cold girly fox.  and YEAH Archel, you are a star,
you brighten my first sinister-day for a long time since i've been stewing
in my own juices and ignoring my email...........and the outraageousness of
the anti-isobel stance cannot be tolerated much longer.  the GRRRLS of BELLE
Rule Fo-Evah, t hey are fantabulicious and splendiferociously fabtastical,
and anyone who thinks otherwise is a big ole stick in the mud.   Oooh!!
thems fightin words!!    but yes.  Stuey M is a luvverly lad, as is the
stylin' Mick, babetastic city!!! in that platonic kinda way.  i wanna put
them on my shelf like precious moments dolls and just look at em all day
long, they're so kewl.
In any case, i would have been foaming at the mouth about the isobel
bashing,  but i was too busy being away and dreaming dirty dreams about my
date with art girl, more later.

xavierr..........the magic of felt guitarist is unbelievable, it puts me in
a trance, i agree most vociferously with your praise, and would like ot hear
about your acoustic guitar, when i finally get up off my ass and re-begin
writing my sinister and email friends at home and abroad.

Youn said?> Why doesn't Lesley Jo leap to Isobel's defense?  Has her art
student
> become serious?  Do you think that these sorts of crushes (the Isobel one)
> go away when someone real turns up?
well there now, i'm shocked. you all were talking behind my back when i was
gone.  this is a truly frightening situation.   sorry to be consistent yet
again, but had i been reading the list i would have jumped on in without
mercy, as it was i was away, yes, doing things with art student girl, and is
it serious, i dont' know on her part, but is on mine.  in any case---isobel
crush will never go away, isobel is the most fabulous, and i adore her
forever, and i will listen to the gentle waves and dream sweet sweet dreams
about pretty girls.

>I think that Isobel is beautiful and that
>mean, nasty prom girl who slagged her hair is simply jealous. Her golden
>locks are smiles and sunbeams.
Thank you, Chris, for defending the Right Way. your kindness shall be
rewarded richly in the next life.

Andrea:  i wish i lived somewhere that sleater kinney got played constantly.
they get my blood boiling.  they are also super cuties.  i have grown to
like corin's voice (which i once read described as "ululating")  a friend of
mine actually pointed out the comparison between it and Belinda Carlisle, if
you listen close you can catch a glimpse.  but i have to SAY i think it's
awfully harsh to just dismiss any "loud" female singers as being angry women
singing about being angry, or whatever that quote was.  i don't find S/K to
be anywhere near as one-dimensional as that seems to be, they sing about
lots of different things, and they have fabulously tight melodic music with
so much energy wound up in it, and harmony, yes harmony.  And if you would
say PJ harvey is in that shallow category, you would receive a prompt
SPANKING! from yours truly, cuz there is no way PJ is some vague ranting
bitch, just cos she makes a bit of noise, don't mean there isn't substance
in there.  it jus tseems incredibly sexist to say such a thing.  Male
singers don't get categorized in the same way.  just cos a girl is loud and
outspoken, doesn't mean they are just bitchy and trying to cop an attitude
for the hell of it..  a few of them are (ahem, Alanis)  but it's just
terrible to put any girl in that slot for no apparent reason.   and i
honestly don't mean to be mean about it, it jsut concerns me deeply, and i
have strong opinions on that subject, so please dont' take it personally.  i
like to argue about those things.   Gull Powa!! c'mon, sisterhood is
powerful.

interestingly--i spent the other night in a bar wit my dyke frend sam.  i
had been out for oh......lets see.....since 10 AM the previous morning, i
picked up art girl (amanda her name) and we trooped to st louis and hung out
all day, then i stayed over cos it was raining like FUCKING HELL when i took
her home, and we had a bottle of blackberry merlot and listened to yo la
tengo, and i stayed in town the next day and got really weepy, so sam wanted
me to go out to the bar with her.  there were more ppl in there than usual,
and i started out feeling pretty miserable, i was in a tizzy over artgirl
and wanted to sit alone and write a poem or something, and all the sad songs
they played on the jukebox (BASTARDS play ABBA or die!!) were making me cry.
but then a boy i thought was gay dragged me out to the dance floor, along
with this married bi-girl who was flirting outrageously with me but wasn't
about to get NONE of what i got.  and i acutally danced.  i danced most best
to Madonna's Like a Prayer, and that song by Faithless that i rather like a
lot.  but i dont' like disco songs.  i danced pretty well. i felt good.
then supposed gay boy started hitting on me and tried to get me to drink a
'russian Quaalude" and i refused, and then sam told me later his roommate
said he was straight.  the bastard ASKED me "are you a dyke" and i said yes.
what the fuck did he want???   hehe.   ppl kept telling me how beautiful or
sexy i was and it was creeping me out big time. b ut i guess it did up my
self esteem a bit, cos i'd been feeling  terribly ugly the past couple days
and not too good about myself.
so i had fun in a gay bar.  i danced.  oh yeah.  when me and amanda were
shopping at Hullaballoo she got this hilarious ruffled tuxedo shirt and
plaid bellbottoms.  so we decided that she would wear this, and i would wear
my orange/green flowered yeye- dress with the holes cut out of the side, and
some time we'll go on a butch-femme date.  which promises to lead to many
opportunities for flirting and being basically naughty.   it's kind of odd
for me to be more girly, but she's taller than me by a couple inches, and
stronger and her hair is shorter.  she has broad strong hands that drive me
crazy and beautiful arms. i want her to sweep me off my feet.    the other
reason we decided on that butch-femme thing, was her wallet is
Harley=davidson, and mine has Sanrio's Badtz-Maru.  which is decidedly NOT
very butch.  although of the sanrio characters, badtz-maru would be the
designated butchest bad-ass of them all, and spotty dotty would be the
pansy-ass losers who are in the cheerleading squad, and hello kitty would be
the dreamiest Isobel=type babe.

AAAAAACK!!!

Corin tucker is SOOOO cute. it's too bad she has a boyfriend.  <:(

i think the fact that B/S are so talented and down-home and and charming,
makes them seem more physically attractive. if they were a bunch of assholes
i'd find reasons to think they were ugly.  personality is like 90% of
physical attractiveness for me.  someone might seem cute at first, then you
find out they are totaly lame, and they don't seem all that cute anymore.
at least that's they way it happens for me, which is why i'm freaking out
right now because artgirl turns out to be the most wonderful and fascinating
person ASIDE from being sexy as hell.
I just gotta go now, no other way to say it.
Lost in sweet songs about the Glasgow streets,
LJ

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
they were like those gauche youths who turn up  to house  parties only to
cling to the dark corners  in chaste disdain, driven by the naive, vaguely
inhuman conviction that all merriment is a lie.
SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com