Sinister: The politics of dancing...the politics of mmm...feeling good

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sun Jun 27 13:33:26 BST 1999

Hello you lot,

You'll never believe what I saw on telly yesterday.  There I was
settled down for another afternoon of strawberries, cream and the
thwack of racket upon ball.  They'd just shown another round of clips
of Anna bloody Kournikova (Jamaica in Roma) and her omnipresent tush
(with Brett Anderson hollering "She's in fashion" over the top,
fergawdsakes) when the camera panned to the crowd.  And there he was -
face painted with a Union Jack, holding aloft his Big Breakfast "You
Beauty" sign, leading the crowd with a chant of "Oggy, Oggy,
Oggy"...our very own number one seed -  Thim H!O!P!kins.

Interesting that young Keith should mention "Waiting for a train" by
Flash and the Pan last week, since this record actually mentioned
Stu and Beanz a good decade before Belle and Sebastian formed.  I
think we've all underestimated Flash and the Pan, they obviously had
special powers of foresight.

Many of you will be venturing to London Towne tomorrow to see Lee
Hazlewood.  I can't go, sadly.  He was in the paper yesterday talking
about how he loved the laydeez, and swearing a lot.  There really is
no call for that sort of potty mouth, even if you are a legend.
Anyway, as I said, I'm not going.  Instead, tonight Matthew I'm going
to watch Harry Hill pretending to be Morissey.  I trust you're all
jealous.  Except Wumpkinny and JJ cos they're going too.

And that's all.

Love tag x

www.roolz.ukf.net - the most fun you can have with your clothes on (or
off, if you prefer).