Sinister: Get Me Away from Here, I'm Drying

Lana622 at xxx.com Lana622 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 28 02:00:59 BST 1999

Hello all!

   I'm so happy that there's a fellow legion of Bad Badtz Maru fans out
there!  With the wallets and everything!  Some of my friends went to the
website and found out that there are actually two amusement parks in Japan
completely devoted to Hello Kitty and co., and they have parades and special
rides and anything else you could ever want.  I agree, Hello Kitty is sort of
uber-girly, but Bad Badtz is, well, he's kind of special.  Do you think that
he could be the official Belle and Sebastian Sanrio character?  I can't think
of a better guy (or should I say, penguin [that's what he is, right?]) to
represent B+S.
    Anyway, after my major "so, who is Dylan anyhow?" faux pas, I hesitate to
ask another question and would like to begin with a disclaimer:  Please don't
kill me if someone has asked this before.  My humblest apologies beforehand.
Has anyone ever *seriously* misheard a B+S lyric?  Yes, yes, I know that the
lyrics come with the CD, and I plead ignorance and laziness, but for the
longest time I thought that the line in "Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying"
was "Well, I've fucked up, Janet you know" instead of the correct "Well,
we're photogenic, you know." I went around singing that for awhile, wondering
who Janet was exactly.  Has anyone else ever made similar errors in
listening?  Come on, you know you're out there...don't make me feel like I'm
the only one.
   Before I go, I'm glad Mean Nasty Prom Girl (just kidding, Genevieve) had a
good time at prom.  I'm glad she got to go to prom.  My 22 year-old "date"
turned out to be a psychopath and compulsive liar who told me he was in the
air force and lived in Egypt and all sorts of good stuff when he's probably
never been outside of Pittsburgh. I had to cancel; I became quite frightened
of him.  Sigh....I'm quite bitter toward all things prom now.

Love,
  Lana