Sinister: Picnic time is here again

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 28 18:08:59 BST 1999

Yes, it's ANOTHER Glasgow meet-up :)

Sunday, somewhere, at some time, as long as I end up at Hefner in the
evening (assuming my tickets have been bought).  I'm not very good at
organising these things, really I'm not.  Can someone else fill in the
time and venue for me please?  There are at least six people I know of
who will be coming out to play on Sunday and we want more.  Lots more.
There were LOADS of you at the Gentle Waves one, and I haven't seen
hardly any of you since...  Transatlantic presence for that genuine 4th
July feel from Youn, the opportunity to play football with a genuine
footballing Sinister superstar (but bring your shinguards, just ask Mark
C), erm, the opportunity to see if B&S really do stalk Sheeny Sarah, the
opportunity to see me drunk.  It'll be just like Bowlie without the
chalets and the bands and the beach and 2600 other people and actually
that's a crap analogy, but it'll be a laugh.  Probably.  It may be a
picnic in Kelvingrove Park again, and can I advise girls and cross
dressers not to wear your skirts too short, as you look foolish when
climbing fences/leaping onto bandstands.

All this talk of proms.  It was my graduation ball on Saturday night, I
swanned around looking most unlike my usual scruffy, be-duffeled self in
a little black cocktail dress, high heeled shoes and lots of make-up.  I
danced to the Macarena, drank a gallon of red wine and had lots of fun.
At least I think I had lots of fun, I can't actually remember.  I had a
B&S badge on my handbag, and I did ask the DJ to play B&S.  He played
Whigfield instead, which was, dare I say it, a lot more fun under the
circumstances.  No exciting bands played at our ball, it was an
extremely low-key affair.  I would have loved dodgems and carousels and
stuff, it'd have been just like the end of Grease...

Can I just apologise to those who haven't got their Bowlie tapes yet
(and Rob too, your cheque is, as they say, in the post.  Except it
actually is).  I beg forgiveness of you all, it's just that I have been
working and my evenings have been running away with me, and so many of
you wanted tapes.  NONE of you have been forgotten, it's just that I
have had a hundred and one things to do, flat-hunting, working, blah,
blah, you don't care, anyhow tapes to be despatched shortly.  Sorry,
really really sorry.

And sorry to everyone else for the complete lack of interest value in
this post.  Go and read Lesley Jo's last post again to make up for it.
That was much better than this :)

Ailsa xx