Sinister: Drink,sleep,mistakes and the smiths

Matt Powell the_fear66 at xxx.com
Wed Jun 30 12:23:39 BST 1999

Hello sinister people
I discovered last night one of the main problems of enjoying the ‘odd
tipple’ here and there. I fell asleep (in a drunken haze, obviously) at
around ten o’clock and didn’t wake until two in the morning, and I’d
completely bloody missed the B&S special on MTV. Me mum knew I wanted to
watch it, and bless her, she tried to tape it for me, but being old she
can’t use things like video recorders (can I say that?) . If there is anyone
(london based) who taped it and is going to the picnic on Saturday I’d
really, really appreciate it if I could borrow it.

I visited a friend at his university this weekend and I had the chance to
listen to a copy of a copy of a copy etc. of Tigermilk, but I passed it up.
I could possibly be the only sinister listee who hasn’t heard it yet, but I
thought that I might as well wait the two weeks to hear it properly. Did I
do the right thing I wonder? Probably not.

On a different note, I must publicly thank Chris McQuain for his brilliant
defence of the Smiths.  I’ve never been blessed with the most creative or
eloquent writing style and I was pleased to find that everything that I felt
and feel about the Smiths had already been posted, but by someone with a
rather superior writing ability.

I'd also like to congratulate the organiser of Tigermilking (a few weeks ago
now I know, but I went on holiday straight after, and this is the first
opportunity I’ve had to write about it) and especially DJ Mark (I think) for
putting up with my drunken ramblings. A great time was had by all and I cant
wait for the next one (anyone any idea when?).

Bye

Matt
ps this is only my second post, and i'm still too shy to enter the real
points of discussion, but give me time.

pps would someone mind mailing me privately the details for the picnic on
saturday, as i dont think i have them.