Sinister: Woofkie, Woofkie, Wherefor Art Thou, Woofkie?

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Mar 1 18:55:15 GMT 1999

Hi List,
	Perhaps some of you are thinking "Hey, you posted twice in the same
day! You're a dummy!"  In fact, I would like to point out that I posted
last night, but it didn't arrive until this afternoon. Maybe this one
will arrive in the wee hours of tomorrow morning? Regardless, I didn't
wait 24 hours, but I don't think that it's that strict. I posted "last
night" and now I'm posting "today."
        On to other things...

Says Robin Stout (quoting someone else):
>When I interviewed him last week, Stuart David actually said that
>the band had recorded five versions of Middle-Distance Runner, none
>of which the whole band agreed on as being THE version - although
>Stuart insisted that "the first take was the best thing we've ever
>done" - so whether it will appear on the next single (EP?) is still
>debatable, but Stuart confirmed that Loneliness, Paper Boat, and
>Lord Anthony were the most likely tracklisting. I also saw that
>someone posted something asking what the gubbins Winter Woofkie
>means - apparently Woofkie is Stuart's nickname for Karn. HurrAH!

	Firstly I'd like to point out that if "Loneliness" will be on the next
EP and "Middle-Distance Runner" is debatable, then evidently they've cut
the song in two, and left out the bits "The," and "of a." I find it
pleasing to note that Stuart M. shares my fervent admiration of the
song, and I hope that will mean it will be the single, with the others
being B-sides, and a video being made for Loneliness. This also explains
why Struan decided to spontaneously add the song to the setlist in DC, a
point which I was endlessly pleased about. Their live rendition of it
resembled closely a version taped for me by the lovely Bob Dole. Well, I
changed his/her name to protect the innocent from getting harrassed.
Markedly different is the Beat Patrol session, which sounds more like a
cross between "Slow Grafitti" and "The Boy with the Arab Strap." I do
hope they go with the live rendition.
	Hm...Woofkie. That's a new one on me. But that could explain a lot. I'm
hoping that the song lives up to its name, though. Perhaps it will
extoll the virtues of pet names said while the snow is falling (falling,
falling) and the ground sparkles and the trees are frosted white. It
snowed here today, but it didn't stick, sadly. Today it would be "It's
About Time for Spring Woofkie," or "I Want Some Warm Weather and I Want
It Now Woofkie," or alternately "I Want Some Sweet Woofkie from You,
Woman."

Matthew Broszkowski wrote...
> I'm not trying to drag people away from the mailing list, but I
> thought that for people who find the list.... shall I say tedious and > a bit too controlled, it could be another outlet.  The board is not
> controlled in any way and yes, you can even swear!

	Shit, that must be nice. I liked "Soaky," basically only because he
came up with the name "Soaky."

Chris Mellan penned...
> Also, for anyone living in glasgow, or west central scotland, did you > hear george bowie on the clyde 1 fm breakfast show last week. He made > a cruel jibe about b&s only being able to win awards which are voted
> by the fans - what an irritating, pop music playing bastard.

	Really, that sounds like such a strange insult to me. "You can only win
awards because loads of people like you a lot, so there!"
	Well, it's time for me to depart, and start the film processing anew.
Ta-ta for now, boys and girls.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758