Sinister: Grant Control To Major Dom!

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Mar 1 22:59:51 GMT 1999

Hi Hunny Bunnies,

I love Belle & Sebastian because they make beautiful music
I love Jeepster because they bring us beautiful music
I love Sinister because its a beautiful garden
I love Honey because he tends the garden

One of the hardest things in the world to bear is when two people you love
each vie for your loyalty. Is that what's going on here? If so, then I
don't want to be put in that position. I know that Jeepster's press release
in the wake of Mr Waterman's Brits protests said that they embrace the
internet, but is there a, erm, sinister, motive in them wanting to run a
B&S mailing list under their aegis? We've just borne witness to the power
such a grouping of fans can wield. I also feel for Honey, for whom the
introduction of a rival list must feel just the tiniest slap in the face,
after the undoubted contribution that the Sinister he has nurtured has made
such a positive contribution to the band's and the label's fortunes.

Don't get me wrong - I meant what I said in the beginning. Which is why
I've run up mega phone bills at work and at home today trying to get
tickets for the Looper gig that none of the ticket agencies have heard of
yet, and which is why I fell gleefully on a promo copy of their (Looper's)
album last week and haven't stopped playing it yet, because I think that
Burning Flies & Ray Suzuki & Columbo's Car are brilliant (& all you
kite-flying lovers get a look in too!), and I can't stand the waiting for
the opportunity to see the rare magic of another B&S performance at Camber
Sands in a few weeks time. (And I just ran out of breath!)

I just don't want to have to make a choice  :)

David Moore