Sinister: The lemmings and the weeds

Chris Butler pants at xxx.com
Tue Mar 2 15:38:57 GMT 1999

yah.  if you're going vicar, might as well toss on the tutu as well... <wink>

The most interesting thing about the net is that no matter how much the portals and corporate schmoes try to corral folks, the non-lemmings out there will form their own groups.  Sinister formed (outside of Honey's deific wisdom and effort) due to like-minded folks with real personalities converging through chance and personal input.  Talent tends towards not being herded against its will.  One would think that it is wise not to spurn the groups that form on their own accord...

That is not to say that another more corporately sponsored list is not in order.  We all admire Jeepster for supporting excellent music and they deserve the payoff for their work.  Their list has its own value in being very focused, informative and accessible to the B&S newbie, as well as a forum for growing more mainstream interest (ie. $$ for Jeepster).  However, corporately planned communities have seemed to lack the spirit of more organic groups.

Enough rambling.

All hail Sinister!
The weed in the crack of the corporate sidewalks of yesteryear!

All hail Jeepster!
The farmer that treasures the weeds as much as his crops!

senor droolcup <- only arming his friends