Sinister: Rock'n'Roll Part 2

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Tue Mar 2 15:50:45 GMT 1999

So here it is, the all new Sinister list stomping up and down in
spangly pants like an even less respectable version of Gary Glitter
and singing "Hello Hello It's Good to be Back."  And did we miss you?

Yeah!

But wait, what's this?  The Jeepster belleandsebastian discussion list?
Where did that come from, and more importantly, WHY?

When Mick and friends set up a separate mailing list for discussing
unreleased recordings of Bob Wratten farting no one really minded, and
when Brad set up a list for people to be scary and swear at each other
that was OK too...

But when someone who has been on the list since it first started sets
up a new mailing list for the discussion of Belle and Sebastian it is
hard to see how that can be anything other than a bad bad thing for
Sinister, and a slap in the face for all the people on Sinister who
voted for Belle and Sebastian in the Brits.

"Thanks for voting, now fuck off" is the message that I'm getting.
I'm sure all will be explained in due course, it's just a bit puzzling
at the moment.

Almost as puzzling was Chris Leonard's performance at the Poetry Cafe
on friday.  It was as if some bloke you are used to seeing lurching
around the town centre shouting random obscenities at passers by
suddenly produced a guitar and turned out to be a fucking genius.

I'm not saying that Chris usually lurches around town centres shouting
random obscenities at passers by, but then I wouldn't like to say that
he doesn't either.

Kevan
The Fat Slug