Sinister: When I get stuck in the lift it's always with a toff...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 2 21:57:30 GMT 1999

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Jeanette wrote:

> I've met some wonderful people through this list, and I treasure their
> friendship. But you elitists can choke on the weeds in your little
> garden for all I care.

I know, I know, we're not supposed to talk about the list on the list. But
this really got to me. I guess i count as one of the old-timers round here
- after all, I was here last time the list changed address as well - but I
don't think anyone who knows me would describe me as elitist. And of all
the people I've met from the list (quite a lot now) none struck me as
such.

So all I want to say, and I'm sure I speak for pretty much everyone here
(that makes me sound really arrogant saying that, but I can't think of a
better way of putting it), is that everyone is welcome here, old or new.
Don't get put off. The thing I like most about Sinister is that I can
imagine that everyone here is the sweetest person alive, and that I would
instantly like everyone of you I met; and to date I've never been proved
wrong.

To all the newbies out there (and everyone else for that matter), join the
club, it's good to have you along. After all, we don't want you to feel
the need to defect to any other discussion lists do we?

Big Stu

PS Any replies to me, not the list please!