Sinister: When I get stuck in the lift it's always with a toff...

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 2 20:31:50 GMT 1999

>Does "being here first" entitle you to treat newcomers the same way
>you've been treated in the past? I suppose so. And I suppose it makes
>you feel really good about yourselves to have someone to look down upon.
>More power to you, I say! I'm sure you've succeeded in chasing away
>plenty of the "new fans." Congratulations! Belle & Sebastian would be so
>proud!

No, fucking right it doesn't entitle anyone to anything. I'd have hoped we
were past all this stuff but I suppose it's evidently not the case. Maybe
it never will be, but if you're new on this list, then rest assured that
no-one will have a go at you, as there are plenty of us here who've been on
the list since the very beginning and won't put up with that sort of
behaviour.

	Anyway, I hope a load of new people do join the list, and hope they enjoy
it too. We've all had a bloody good laugh for ages and the more the
merrier. God forbid us lot ever wind up like the majority of manics fans
seem to be. Although I doubt that would be the case, cause even the "old"
fans here are a load of pissed up beer monsters.

Kevan wrote :

>But when someone who has been on the list since it first started sets
>up a new mailing list for the discussion of Belle and Sebastian it is
>hard to see how that can be anything other than a bad bad thing for
>Sinister, and a slap in the face for all the people on Sinister who
>voted for Belle and Sebastian in the Brits.

>"Thanks for voting, now fuck off" is the message that I'm getting.
>I'm sure all will be explained in due course, it's just a bit puzzling
>at the moment.

Yeah, seems that way doesn't it. Or indeed "Thanks for all the time you put
in that ultimately benefits us, now fuck off". Bit odd that there are two
lists as well, seen as no-one's allowed to create a new web site that
contains duplicate information. Oh well, things are changing now. I suppose
it was bound to happen.

	However. On this list we are a bunch of people who are united simply by
the act of *being friends*. We aren't trying to sell things to each other,
we aren't trying to publicize things (apart from Dr.CB Stride and his real
indie night), and we will continue to enjoy ourselves I don't doubt.

Take care,
  Keith.