Sinister: When I get stuck in the lift it's always with a toff...

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Mar 3 01:00:07 GMT 1999

Jeanette said:
> Does "being here first" entitle you to treat newcomers the same way
> you've been treated in the past?

I don't think I need to add much to what's been said, but because I
like tucking everyone's blankets down and snuggling them in safely,
because you all do it for me so well, I will.  Just - like has been
said already, let's make it clear again that this list is for
everyone on it, and not just grandpa at the back.

We've been through this sort of loop before, with people seeing
elitism where it's doubtful it exists, and I think it's an
understandable reaction to seeing it elsewhere on the Net.  Hey, I
haven't got an original Tigermilk (I sometimes lick Keith's), nor do
I have a lock of Mick Cooke's hair in a locket round my neck, try as
I might to get at him with my secret service pen-knife when he isn't
looking.  I honestly think, Jeanette, if you look through the history
of this list, you'll see scorn and laughter (gently) heaped on
elitism.  It just isn't what we do here, and that's down to the
fluffy bunnies here already, thankfully.

And I honestly don't think Amanda, who I don't know, meant to be
elitist at all - I'm sure she's as fluffy as the rest of us.  I took
it as a little joke, and I'm sure that was the meaning.  Things look
harsh in courier font sometimes.  What looks large from a distance,
close up ain't really that big.  So let's not dwell on it.

Oh and for anyone who didn't realise, the Sinister WWW site is back
and looking as healthy as it can, bearing in mind it was written by
someone who of necessity treats HTML as an artform *primitif*.  It's
at:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister

And remember folks: it's wrong to wish on space hardware.  Guess who
I went to see tonight.

honey xxx