Sinister: Jordi's Fanzine Fanfare

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Mar 3 15:39:24 GMT 1999

Fluffy wrote:

>bonjour Philippe! Um...welcome back de la liste de sinister.... oh
SOD
>IT I've forgotten all my french. I've been brainwashed by Spanish.
Today
>we talked about prostitutes who have their own butlers. Ahh endless
>hours of quality stories can be found on EL PAIS online... not that I
>understand any of them, cos they're in Spanish. But I KNOW the
>prostitutas con maydomo IS what I say IT IS SO THERE!

Fluffy, I have the solution to your problems. First of all, if you
click on the "tentaciones" part of El PaĆ­s, you'll find oodles and
oodles of items of interst to groovy young people like ourselves, such
as a lengthy interview with the guys out of Blur, and reviews of the
latest records in the hit parade at home and abroad. They had B&S in
once.

If that is still not interesting enough for you, you could always try
Jordi's excellent B&S fanzine, "Segundos de Luz", which I was lucky
enough to receive a few days ago. It's in Spanish, so it would make an
ideal exotic addition to any B&S fan's collection. For Sarah it
doubles as an unbeatable opportunity to practise her Spanish. It
contains the story of the band, song lyrics, interpretations of the
song lyrics (lesbians in abundance!) and a review of Hefner.

I just thought I'd mention it because Jordi seems reluctant to do so.
While on the subject of all things Spanish, the inevitable has
happened. I have seen Massiel's Eurovision winning performance on the
telly. Not only was she wearing THAT dress, but she was doing a very
spirited little dance at the same time. No wonder she beat poxy bloody
Cliff Richard.

I'm listening to the late great Dusty Springfield and crying into
endless cups of tea. Something inside has died. Stop the clocks, etc.

Peace be with you,

Sister Disco of the Immaculate Conception

PS: I think Paul went to see Kirsty McColl last night.