Sinister: Sleeping with the black dog

weejay V0168JE2 at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 4 10:57:58 GMT 1999

Heigh-ho sinister,
		I myself am wary to the dangers of falling asleep
to nick drake - Not that I've had any relatives die since, um, my
cousin last summer and that was pre-drake-discovery, but I really
can't put on 'time of no reply' or my sampler as they both contain
black dog, a track apt to give me a v.scary recurring nightmare. If
you know the song you'll know what I mean. I did it (fell asleep to
the tape, that is, oh smutmongers) at my friend dans place and it
didn't happen that time but its different when there's 3 other people
sleeping in the same room, isn't it?
	Um, what else...? Oh yeah - I've got a reccomendation to
put to you, although not a very hard-to-find one... Anyway, it's 'The
God Of Small Things' by Ahrundati Roi (Misspelling probably, but I
left the book at home) which I think may have won the booker prize
but it's not at all dry, it's really emotionally affecting. The style is a
bit like Salinger's stories about the Glass family, only post-collonial
Indian. I'm still thinking about what it all meant and I haven't come
to any firm conclusions yet, so I can't say much more really.
	If any of you ever have any doubts about this list and it's
quality, I suggest you subscribe to the chemikal underground list - I
just deleted 50 postings about a band called 'godspeed you black
emperor' who I've never heard of and aren't even on CU. One list for
me from now on. Thank you all for writing interesting things. Hey,
better go to my lecture - dullest of the week by quite a way but it's
too late to sleep through it.

		dada,
			james xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Weej! Shut Up!" - everybody, all the time.
Blue Glow is at;
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/blueglow.html
And you can visit me at
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/wjpages.html