Sinister: A lesson from the Bible

Brennan brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 4 17:11:27 GMT 1999

No, no, no. Hamish the frog is in fact an alien from outer space who came
down and hypnotised us all with his magnificent jumping. The Kingfisher is
one of those really gullible people who really believes they've been
abducted by aliens ho now live with them and that Goldfish is simply another
competitor who thought he'd build a hurdle so high that the frog would just
give up and go back to his own planet to play music. But it didn't work and
the goldfish gradually realised the music was better because of the list.
But the Kingfisher is Pete Waterman.

>From last week's Melody Maker, Bell and Sebastian got 9,300 votes and Steps
got 9,000. Saying that 1000 ish came from this list it's not really that
dramatic. It's also strange for all these celebrity fans to suddenly come
out of the closet like Boy George and Charleen Spiteri. So will the award
make the  band better? I don't think so because the songs are about real
life and when bands become more and more famous their life is not real any
more and their songs are not so touching (now there's a point for debate)
but then again, will B&S ever attain the renown they should get with people
like us wanting to keep them for our own and being afraid of a new list
(does the word luddite  mean anything to you?)

Finally who's heard/listens to Ben Harper. He's as touching as B&S and at
his best as good a guitarist as I've heard.

Bye
Oliver