Sinister: Belle and Sebastian for english education

Katarina Karlsson trarvild at xxx.se
Thu Mar 4 19:20:17 GMT 1999

My mother played  TheFox in the snow at a English lesson today. I gave her
sinister and told her that number 6 get me away frome here I'mdying was an
easy text but she misunderstod or something and played number 5. It's
nothing wromng with that, the fox is very special. The trouble is that it
was one line that was hard for them to translate. I know it was a lot of
Fox translations on this list some months ago but the archives doesn't work
and I dont know if anyone explained this line, it is:
".....Before you hang a right..."
Is it some English phrase or is it something the song writer thought
sounded good? Does anyone no what it mean or have some good guess? Please
help me, my mother promissed her english teacher an explenation and now she
has tossed the problem over to me. But there was another fun thing that
hapened when she played the fox inthe snow in the classroom. Another
english teatcher came in to the room and she liked the music and thought it
wasa good training english music so she wanted tohave it to play on her
lessons! I think this is a fantastic new way of using their music. Maybee
they should start making english education tapes of that sort that they
always have in schools: "Hallo listeners, my name is Stuart, today we are
going to sing aboute foxes, sing after me please....." Why didn't I get
Belle and Sebastian education when on my english lessons. Then I maybee
would have learnd something.

It is nice to sit down with friends listening to Mrs Murdoch when she tells
us stories with moral in. I thing that one importent thing inthe story is
the responsibility of everyone that payed the kingfisher dirty money and
then agreed to pay himmore money every time. In one way they made the
kingfisher and helped the destruktive part of this story. And that was very
tragic for everyone even the kingfisher because I think he also just loved
to see Hamish jump over the obstacle.

I want to belive that Jeepster tryed to do something pretty and good for us
when they started the new list. But I can't think of some good resons for
one more list. If they wanted tobe nice to us I think they should write and
explain their great plan now when sinister is feeling a bit offended.

Karolyne and Annie youre dreams are wonderfull I allway like dreams.Maybee
that iswhy I'm a bit lazy.  The first Belle and Sebastian dream is always
something special, I can still remember mine.It is also always nice to read
other persons dreams.

Sweet dreams to everyone and an apple cake frome me to Mrs Murdoch

Katta