Sinister: Lines of the Times No. 28

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Fri Mar 5 09:49:58 GMT 1999

You could have knocked me over with a feather this morning, when I
turned the corner into Kelvinhall underground to see a huge poster with
Stuart David (Belle and Sebastian) written on the bottom.
Closer inspection revelead the poster was number 28 of the "Lines of the
Times" series which has been going on in the Underground for a while.
It basically is just a poster with some modern prose written on it by
someone based in or from or lives near or was once in Glasgow.  The idea
is that you read it whilst waiting for the train, deflating any
potential boredom that may arise whilst, educating the schemies and
maybe inspiring them to rise above going round Partick pubs selling
stolen gammon steaks and watches.

This one had the words to "Impossible Things".   Which are nice words.
I think it would make a lovely poster for anyone to have on their wall.
I'm not sure who you would contact to get one though...

Also, imagine my surprise to arrive home the other day to hear, from my
mother of all people, that Belle and Sebastian had been on Radio
Scotland playing tunes from they're new album and being interviewed.  I
felt quite sick to have missed this.  Describe a song I said, she said
it "had talking in it".  "Ahh", I said, "was it Stuart David of Belle
and Sebastian playing songs from the new looper album, mother?".  "No",
she said, "it was Belle and Sebastian", and she started getting angry
with me because she had heard it and I hadn't, and I was saying she was
wrong.  Then I started getting angry with her because she had heard it
and I hadn't and I knew I was right.  grr.  Perhaps another mailing
list, a Belle and Sebastian Scottish Media News Mailing List is
required. Hmm.

Finally, my gig on March the 8th doesn't look like it's on, if anyone
was interested.  I'm relieved to tell the truth, the Strathclyde Union
is maybe a bit too tough for me.

Fond Regards,
  Christoffff