Sinister: an american in london.

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Fri Mar 5 15:28:56 GMT 1999

good morning, sinisterites...

mick mcmick was asking about the cover of neworder's bluemonday, and
whether it was marilynmanson... it is a band called orgy.  i don't
know any of their other stuff, but i remember i was watching 120
minutes (the same night i saw the Wicked video!) and i saw the video
for orgy's bluemonday...  it was funny, full of boys wearing leather
pants and lots of eyemakeup ... it was sort of electric 80's-ness,
despite the angsty twist on the performance...  i kind of like this
version of the song.  i've been playing it on my radio show, but
mostly because i Have to play something from the metal/hardrock
rotation, and it's better than korn...  an aside, i named my radio
show "records out of postcard messages"....

anyway, while i am sadly not attending the bowlie weekender, i have
secured tix to the march 24th looper gig in london -- is anyone else
going?  i was surprised that i still got tix yesterday -- i thought
they'd be sold out.  i'll be in london for the week...  someone
mentioned being in glasgow at 6:30 in the morning after his flight
arrived, with nothing to do...  this will be happening with me, too,
as our flight to london lands march 21, sunday, 6am!  i'm thinking,
breakfast at gatwick!  only rather than waiting to check into a
hotel, we three girls (my travelling companions and i) will be
wandering the streets of london looking for a cheap hostel.  possibly
sleeping at bus stops....

hmmm, this has no b&s content... well, looper is tangential, i
suppose.  i ought to end this now, and spare you all....

take care,
xoxo,
marie