Sinister: New England

L. Kerr L.Kerr at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 5 10:24:45 GMT 1999

Dearly beloved,

We did indeed go and see Billy Bragg, and he is so good in
concert, in spite of the tossers in the audience, one of whom shouted "all
politics is bollocks", not the most intelligent thing to say at a Billy
Bragg concert, especially after paying to get in.  Perhaps he was on the
guest list. He was selling "Official Bootlegs" again - live recordings of
that concert (or a previous one in the tour). Whay are they bootlegs if he
is selling them? Is he by-passing the record company, or is it just a word
to describe a style of recording.

Anne Ward said Mr CrystalBalls said:

>>And does anyone want to meet up in glasgow soon - possibly for the
>>looper
>>gig?

>Yes, that would be lovely. It would be very helpful if you could wear
>your school uniform so the other listees can recognise you. Just as well
>you're not a girl, or people might think you were Dizzabel. Better wear
>some short trousers anyway, just to make sure. I'll be one of the old
>women ogling at the back.

In case you make it to the Edinburgh gig, I will be one of the even older women at the
back, clutching my exam certificates.  Maybe we can compare :).

Chris, your mother was probably just trying to annoy you.  Mothers do
that.  They say, "Were you watching BBC2 last night" and then go on to
tell you in detail about the programme you have waited all your life to
watch, but miss out the crucial elements, as they had to unload the
dishwasher when that bit was on. Then they say, "I was going to phone you,
but I thought you'd probably know it was on" (implying that you are a sad
obsessive).  Was it on "Mr Anderson's Fine Tunes" - an excellent
mid-afternoon programme.

Nice to see chirpy cockney member of the intelligensia Tim P!o!pkins back.
Now we'll see some fun!

I've been flamed in public!  Sweet mother of Jesus, I belong.

Linda