Sinister: Keep the faith.

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 5 18:04:49 GMT 1999

David is not a bad man.  Jeepster are not a criminal corporate fat-cat
label.  I like them.  They signed Belle & Sebastian.  They signed all their
other bands.  They like the Internet.  They like us.  They, like us, want
success for Belle & Sebastian, and, given that Jeepster is not a fat cat
label it has to do all it can to market and promote without having to
advertise in the break when coronation street is on.

If Jeepster suddenly started charging a premium for Belle & Sebastian
albums, what would we all do?  I would buy the album at twice the price, I
know that much, and anyone else who would buy it would be showing their
support for something they believe in and want to keep going for as long as
possible.

Basically, having another list shouldn't change anything on this list.  Why
would it?  If no-one leaves this list to join it, then all's well, as other
people will no doubt join it.  If people from this list join it, it would
become more like this list, until eventually Honey would be asked to run it,
at which point we could all act rather smug and talk about solidarity and
stuff like that.

Of course, I have no right to preach on this topic, but at the same time I
have every right.  Kind of a paradox, I guess.

Neil
Xxx
"Sad songs are easier to play, I'm afraid"