Sinister: factionalism is not sinister

Emanuel Brown e.brown at xxx.com
Fri Mar 5 19:01:40 GMT 1999

dearest listees

i am troubled by all of this list competition nonsense, finding the discussion divisive and inopportune at best.

first off, big thanks to honey for restoring the list and for generally doing a helluva job. cheers babe!

secondly, i want to congratulate not only jeepster for their brit stunner, but to all of us who contributed to it. we rock! we all know how good belle&sebastian are, its nice that we can express that to the rest of the world in a more tangible form. indie bands and labels have a tough row to hoe and i, for one, think jeepster has been smart in its use of the web for commerce and promotion.

which, ultimately brings me to my original point. i agree wholeheartedly with both honey and david on the "sinister diss" non-issue. c'mon kids, don't be so myopic! let jeepster do what they need to do and let sinister continue to be the fan's fan-forum. jeepster did nothing wrong other than jump the gun a bit but think about it, they would be total idiots to ostracize the very foundation of their success - the fans. still to think that things will be the same after this very public award is truly naive. we've turned the proverbial corner and it will only get weirder from here. let the games begin...

so there! *nyah*

emanuel
x o x o

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com