Sinister: nickelodeon cartoons

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Fri Mar 5 16:32:36 GMT 1999

katfood at telepath.com writes:

<< i remember watching belle and sebastian every morning before being taken to
 school.  however, i think my favorite show was "today's special". the one
 with jodi, the manequin jeff, the foam security gaurd sam, the mice, and
 others......anyone remember this show? >>

Yes. I clearly recall the episode where the heat was cut off, and they sang
songs about thinking warm to maintain critical body temperature...
          but sam couldn't carry a tune, so they died of exposure. at least I
like to think it happened that way. Today's Special was the show that my
sister always wanted to watch.. that and Pinwheel. Ugh. I preferred the
existentialist oddities that were foreign cartoons.. The Little Prince and
Sebastian were both shrouded in ambiguity. Much like a cartoon version of the
Fugitive, you were (fairly) certain that they'd survive each episode, but what
would be the final outcome? Would they find their own planet/father/city of
gold? Perhaps. Or perhaps not.. One never knew. The only thing that could be
done was to keep travelling, and eye all shrubs as if they might be baobob
trees in disguise
    dave