Sinister: Help me!!!

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 8 13:17:13 GMT 1999

Very little B & S content I am afraid, but please read on as I would be
most grateful for any assistance.

As part of my MSc course I have to conduct a piece of research into some
aspect of business and computerisation.  What I propose to research is
the growth of the Net-based music industry and the implications for the
conventional industry (record companies, record stores etc) and also for
the fans.  If any of you (and I know there are some of you) could help
me by letting me know your views on this, I will love you lots and
possibly buy you a pint if you are going to Camber Sands.  I am thinking
in particular of on-line record shopping, why it is better (or not) than
going down to your local friendly indie store/corporate big bloke, what
your views are on, say, the idea people had a while back about making
Tigermilk available for download when it didn't look like it was going
to be re-released.  If anyone has a personal interest in the way that
the music industry is going (say, in a band, PR, working for a record
company or whatever) I would be grateful if you could get in touch so
that I can pick your brains in detail at a later date.  But any randon
thoughts on the matter would be most appreciated too, as I want to look
at it from the perspective of the average punter as well as from within
the industry.

Remember the golden rule about this, kids, POST TO ME AND NOT TO THE
LIST!!!!

On another matter, for those in the UK with satellite TV, FilmFour seem
to be showing a few Hal Hartley films this week. Perhaps there will be a
season of Stanley Kubrick films on soon too...it's always a shame that
someone has to die before you get their films on the telly.  Stanley
Kubrick and Dusty Springfield, it hasn't been a good week, has it?

If anyone is going to the Looper thing in Glasgow I will see you there.
What with this, the fact that I should have a ticket for the Gentle
Waves by now, and Camber Sands, it's going to be a right good couple of
months for me anyway (if you ignore all the university work I have to
do).  Have people thought about how they are getting to Camber Sands,
and is anyone wanting to do something in London on the Thursday night?
Oh, and have any of you volunteered to be a documentary?  You could
become the new Maureen Rees/Jane McDonald/Jeremy Spake you know!
(Apologies for cultural reference of no relevance whatsoever to anyone
from outside the UK/with any taste).

Well I think that's enough from me for now.  Take care and keep smiling,
all of you.

Ailsa xx