Sinister: only a tenner to get to bowlie in style

pamela berry pamelab at xxx.com
Mon Mar 8 09:42:38 GMT 1999

good morning everyone!

hope you all had a stellar weekend. mine started off friday night on the
perfect foot with a short trip to london bridge and ace very olde pub
the george. beers were drunk in the company of mostly sinister folk,
where I had the pleasure of meeting jen from the land of cheese,
wisconsin, usa. the weekend ended on a more annoying but still
dairy-filled note, with the sunday night rerun of never mind the
buzzcocks proving my suspicions that billie is dumb as cheese. it all
comes down to cheese, which is normally my life slogan, but not on this
day. this day, my life slogan is...

BOWLIE OR BUST ON A DOUBLE DECKER BUS!

here's the thing. I'm a big fan of the double decker red bus, and who
isn't? so I looked into how much it would be to charter one so a bunch
of fest-goers could travel in style from london to camber sands and back
again, and as it turns out, it's really affordable! cheaper than the
train, even. plus I figure it'll be a lot more fun to travel down with a
bunch of people! the bus will leave london friday noon, so if you live
in/near london, or happen to be stopping over in london from a faraway
place before you head down to bowlie, I hope you'll keep this double
decker bus option in mind. david tells me that sunday the beats don't
stop till the break of dawn, so the return bus will leave camber sands
monday morning, alarmingly soon after the break of dawn, in fact.

THE DETAILS

each person pays just £10 for a roundtrip journey. I've paid the fee in
advance like the nice man asked, so you can pay me on the bus.

paying half for a one-way journey is sadly not an option, but when you
board the bus I'll give you a handcrafted numbered ticket of some sort
made with love by yours truly. so if you can't come back on monday
morning with everyone else, you can sell or give away your bus ticket to
a fellow camber sandser in need. for example, if vic godard was to fall
completely under my spell over the weekend my monday travel plans might
very well need some amending, and I would then sell my bus ticket to his
current (I mean ex!) beau. just an example, you understand.

the bus departs friday april 23 at noon from victoria station which can
be found on yep, the victoria line. exit victoria so that you're facing
the bus terminal, hang a right onto wilton, walk two or three steps and
behold the appollo victoria theatre. our bus should be waiting out
front.

the bus returns from camber sands monday april 26, departing at the
ungodly hour of 10am sharp. whispering, hair of the dog, and cuke slices
on the eyes will be welcomed but not enforced.

the bus holds 73, but there's only going to be sign-up room for 68 as i
figure we'll need that long 5-seater space in the back lower level for
both kinds of suitcases: beer and (light!) luggage transport.

e-mail me at pamelab at mcmail.com to reserve a space! the bus man now has
all my money plus statutory rights to my liver (guess who's getting the
short end of that stick) so please only reserve if you're sure you can
make it, I'm too broke to eat the cost of no-shows!

cheers,
pam