Sinister: The Miseducation of Bernard Hill

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Mar 8 14:03:17 GMT 1999

Warrander John's presence in Madrid certainly seems to have brought
about a turnaround in their flailing football fortunes of late. In the
86th minute, a huge Aberdonian streaker did a fifty metre dash across
the pitch, before being roughly manhandled to the ground by his wife.
All of which inspired the Madrid boys to a last gasp winner. Scenes of
jubilation ensued.

Recently, we've all seen what sinister people power can do, and I
think we were all suitably astonished. Some might say that it would be
better to leave well alone, but a life without risks is like a meal
without cheese. Before the last B&S album was released, I led a
solitary campaign to get them to leave out all the gaps between songs.
The outcome of this was a rather neat segue between dreams Space Boy
and Dirty. If one man can achieve such a result, imagine what would
happen if we all bombarded the B&S nerve centre with a special request
for the next album! What I want to hear is a really horrible guitar
solo overdubbed in the middle of each track, so horrible that no one
can bloody stand it. I suggest "Coronarias Redig" by Deep Purple as a
suitable model. This will be especially good because the new album
will probably have a sticker on it saying "Brits Winners" on the
front, the effects of which will be cancelled out by word of mouth
about the horrible guitar solos. It's a winner. Send your request on
the back of a sealed down envelope to:

Neil the Manager, Belle and Sebastian, Glasgow, Scotland, England.

According to disc jockey Andy Kershaw, indie pop is a forerunner of
bhangra beat.

Finally, today is International Working Women's Day, so a big shout to
all the working birds on the list.

Sister Disco

PS: Which reminds me, it's sixties WHO, Fluffy. But very good
nevertheless. It's on The WHO Sell Out, which is quite a tasteful
album all round, and the CD version has about 186 bonus tracks on it,
all of them well up to scratch. Isn't that France Gall on the back
cover?