Sinister: Smashing Time

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Mon Mar 8 23:02:37 GMT 1999

Hello All-new singing dancing Sinisterines,

I'm a bit late re-joining the fun, I've been on holiday in
Wumpkinnyland.  My luggage is still on holiday actually, it decided to
go to New York, so now I've got jet lag but no clean underwear.

But I had jolly super fun of course, and it snowed.  It snowed a lot
in fact.  Proper snow, not the big girl's blouse English variety.
Needless to say we saw no foxes, but there was a cute little black
squirrel which tasted delicious with Swiss Chalet's special sauce.  We
went to Montreal and stayed with Lucas, the silent Montreal
Sinisterine who wowed us with his gentlemanliness and Wendy Carlos'
version of the Brandenberg concertos played on the Moog.  Lucas, we
salute you.

I found a copy of Evie Sands' "Angel of the morning" for three dollars
in the world's most chaotic record shop, and a beautiful Tami Terrell
LP in Toronto, but Wumpkinny got the scoops of the week with Les
Sultans (the Quebecois Zombies) and Jenny Rock (the Quebecoise
Shampoo).  And we saw "Rushmore" which was ace.  Trousers was in it.
He kept that quiet.  Plus I learned the true meaning of the word
"hoser" and it isn't what Keith keeps in his y-fronts.

Now there's multifarious B&S type pleasures to look forward to.
Looper on Wednesday.  Fluffy, I have your ticket.  What's the deal
with these chalets at Camber Sands?  Do we all jump in together?  Are
there bunk beds?  I'm very excited.

Poor Dusty.  They were playing "You don't have to say you love me" in
Vortex in Toronto and it was all I could do not to cry.  And Stanley
Kubrick too, even though I think Clockwork Orange is possibly the
shittest film I've ever seen - "Lolita", "The shining", "Doctor
Strangelove", classics the lot of them.  It was weird reading the
paper this morning and realising that up till now I'd had no idea what
he looked like.

I'm going to phone Warrander John now and find out about his 4-Real
weekend.  Until next time...

Love
Tag (who does not think Bis are the new X ray spex, despite rumours to
the contrary)