Sinister: Covent Garden Looper instore

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Tue Mar 9 17:13:32 GMT 1999

Well, I got to the Rough Trade shop early yesterday and spotted
a couple of shifty looking characters taking photos outside the
shop.

I'm glad that I spent a few minutes stalking Stuart D and Wee
Karn (for it was they) as I didn't see them at all during the
show.  Instead I got to see the back of the heads of people
peering between the record racks, who in turn only saw an
occasional glimpse of Stuart D's trousered knee.

That shop is a bit on the tiny side at the best of times, and
the prospect of being in close proximity with Stuart D in an
enclosed space was a bit worrying given his reputation, but
luckily there was no discernable odour.

The man from Select was tapping on his notebook in time with
the Ballad of Ray Suzuki, so I think he liked it.  He didn't
smile during Columbo's Car though, and I reckon that anyone
who fails to smile during Columbo's Car has no soul.

Anyone who fails to be enchanted by our transatlantic visitor
Jennifer also has no soul, and sadly I didn't even realise it
was the same Jennifer I had exchanged a flurry of emails with
last year until it was time to head home.  Sorry Jennifer.

Kevan
The Fat Slug