Sinister: Girls are just friends

Philippe Garnier pgarnier at xxx.edu
Wed Mar 10 18:56:53 GMT 1999

Hello Bunnies,

Chris is on the bridge, ready to throw himself off:

> Is it
> unusual to think that "hey, am I just a complete shit, or parannoid, or
> both?"?  How do you know If somebody likes you? I don't mean simply 'likes
> you', but " 'likes you', likes you". You know. It's just that I don't know
> whether this girl, who is basically one of my best friends, likes me as a
> mate, or whether she likes me more than that. I'm too gutless to ask her
> this, because I don't know whether she will laugh at me and perhaps think
> that by saying this, I am being a bit presumptious.
> but i think that she is great.
> I just don't know.

Chris, dear Chris, the one and only question worth to be asked in this
dreadful world is "Does she like me?". Because you're too scared to ask this
question directly to the girl that makes you mad, you try to find signs,
answers in her smiles, in her eyes, in her silence.

I've just asked the girl. She said "No, I don't like you the way you like me".
Now i don't believe in spring anymore. I won't throw my body and my soul off
the bridge because i'm so awkward I would be able to fuck up the final jump
and break my leg. Only one leg.

To the girls: when a boy behaves strangely, awkwardly, be nice with him
though. Maybe he is just in love.

Chris: I hope you *are* presumptious. Lovers are not wise. Forget the bridge.

Take care of your heart,

Philippe