Sinister: hoo haaa. i'm just gone mad.

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Thu Mar 11 01:44:09 GMT 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, M223CMellan wrote:

> How do you know If somebody likes you? I don't mean simply 'likes
> you', but " 'likes you', likes you". You know. It's just that I don't know
> whether this girl, who is basically one of my best friends, likes me as a
> mate, or whether she likes me more than that. I'm too gutless to ask her
> this, because I don't know whether she will laugh at me and perhaps think
> that by saying this, I am being a bit presumptious.

Sounds like you may be in the Friend Zone.  From my experience, there is
usually only one way out of the Friend Zone: through a load-bearing wall.
That is, if you leave the Friend Zone, most often it will have collapsed
if you should decide to return.

You could try to invite her to do something that seems like a date.
Assuming she accepts your invitation, then try to steer things in that
direction as you attempt to read her signals.

You could tell her how you feel, but you will have to be prepared for a
total crash-and-burn.  Very often if you try for the next plateau and you
don't reach it, that's the end.  (I don't know why that is.)

--Mark

__ Burning Rome : SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < http://www.xnet.com/~mkolmar/BurningRome > < MP3 & RealAudio tracks >