Sinister: hoo haaa. i'm just gone mad.

remaniac eyh96 at xxx.edu
Thu Mar 11 03:36:13 GMT 1999

and emanuel wrote:

>check it: i have managed to fall in love with a woman who, while in love
>with me,
>happens to be previously entangled with another fella. he happens to be
>overseas
>at the moment, but will return sooner than later. why do i get the sinking
>feeling
>that i'm an all day sucker?

then there's the story of the girl best friend who had for months been
afraid to confess her massive crush but finally one night asked the boy
whether he had crushes on anyone. amazingly, he replied that he had had a
crush on her, and started to apologise, when the girl blurted out her
feelings, too. they both put the crushes in the past tense, but it was
pretty apparent that they still existed (the biggest sign being that the
boy and girl always made excuses to spend time together). so the next few
weeks were beautiful as the admission of their feelings brought them
closer, yet the girl was more angst-ridden than ever because she had also
been, and still was, "entangled with another fella" for a number of years.
she didn't quite regret confessing the crush (it was the first time she had
done this sort of thing, except to her list crush ;) -how is he, by the
way?- and it was exhilarating) yet she would sometimes lie in bed in a
state of misery, wondering why she had ever dared to ask the question. now
she might be losing both of the boys, or rather running away from them
because it's all too much to handle. anyway, dear chris, despite my sad
(true!) story, i might advise you to create a similar situation in which
you can draw out your friend's emotions before exposing your own
(particularly if the signs point to a strong possibility that she does
*like* you). it's a decent avenue for the gutless, except if the girl is
shy or prone to masking her feelings, it might not get you anywhere. hmm.

as cheesy or cliche as it may sound, belle and sebastian and looper have
really helped me in this mess. i was about ready to bury myself in the snow
when "up a tree" arrived in the mail. at least now i'm wandering about
again, with my headphones on, and feeling ok to be alive. wheee!
(but still not writing any papers for class - hi teri)

--emily

scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen
(this means you really love me)
rusholme ruffians