Sinister:You'll never touch the magic if you don't reach out far enough

headrush city lyricjunkie at xxx.com
Thu Mar 11 12:20:42 GMT 1999

Let's try to raise sinister spirits a little, shall we?  Here's my
guide to playing a little trick on your mind in order to create
extemely vivid memories of people/ events/ places you want to remember
for ever and ever.

I discovered this nifty little trick by accident when I came back from
my holiday in Holland a few years back.  Every time I smelt the
deodorant I'd been using whilst there, it transported me back - it was
as if I was there again.  The reason this works is because your sense
of smell is the most potent of the senses in bringing back memories.
I think it works best when it's a new smell that you associate with
the first time you experienced it, so I've got a perfume oil that IS
my 16th birthday, and I figured out that your body doesn't know you're
manipulating it so I got a shower gel that I used all the while I was
in London and saved some so I can go back there every time I smell it.
 The lengths you'll go to when so much of your life is made up of
memories, eh?

This is just an equally pleasurable (or painful, depending on the
situation) variable on the way certain songs are so tied up with
certain times of your life they're inseperable from each other.

Mind the gap, Londoners.

Love and cinnamon jellybeans,
Natasha  xx
==

"Here comes a soul saver on your record player"
  The Charlatans