Sinister: Glasgow Looooper show

Kara Baer karastar at xxx.com
Thu Mar 11 21:11:41 GMT 1999

Dear Sinister Confessional List Diary,

I've just got back from the Looper show.  It was really very good.  The set up involved lots of TVs, a slide projector, a wee satelite dish spinning round and round on a record player, an inflatable spaceship, and Stu D's twiddly bits.  Perhaps some one can help me with the song names, but here is what I remember:

-a song with some children's voices sampled; it was accompanied by a shots of some cutie-pie children doing cutie-pie things
-a very lovely song, this was; it was a story about a girl from behind the pillars, narrated by Stu D.  I think this one was my favorite.
-a song about burning flies..accompanied by shots of a girl doing just that.
-a song about the moon landing being faked
-a song about Karn
-the ballad of Ray Suzuki
-the Colombo Song.  I quite enjoyed this one as well.
-up a tree, as sung by Stu D.

I enjoyed the show very much.  I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any Sinister Folk, except Niall.  (Hi Niall, how was the comedian?)  The store was very crowded.  I even saw Stu M and Chris in the audience--not that I did anything stupid this time, although I did follow Mick around McGees the other day.

I often wish my life was one of those soap opera comic strips.  I'd call it "The Hilarious Mishaps and Wacky Adventures of Kara."  It would feature me, my unrequited love interest David, a wacky side-kick, a trustworthy friend who's just a little on the wild side, and an arch-nemisis.  Send in your orders now, kids!

Love Kara
"Stop asking questions that don't matter anyway / Just give us a kiss to celebrate here today / something changed?"
--Pulp