Sinister: Sinister Bloody Sinister

Honey honey at xxx.net
Fri Mar 12 12:43:20 GMT 1999

Mummy's been a bit absent recently, but here's a bulletin of things.
First off, I'm sad to inform you I'm not Mrs Murdoch - a few people
seem to have decided I am.  I don't have the panache or the knitting
proficiency, and I suspect poor Stuart would go off to school with
cold toes every morning if I was in charge.  The fragrant Mrs M
merely sent me the email because her Hotmail account was proving
troublesome - I think Mr M is going to set about it with a spanner at
the weekend.

Now Looper: for anyone who hasn't bought "Up A Tree" yet, do so
please.  It's really quite tremendous, and Stuart and Karn's story on
"Impossible Things #2" is extremely reminiscent of lots of stories
I've heard of long-distance email-mediated romance under the sinister
covers between you smutty Sinistereens, prior to actually meeting and
things going all squelchy of course.

Someone asked who The Gentle Waves are: Stuart David tells me it's
basically the band minus himself.  Stuart's staying in cos he thinks
it's a sin... etc.  Someone mention that Jeepster have set up their
GW site now, and a recent news mail from Jeepster (for anyone who
doesn't get it) indicated the 7" is in short supply so order now if
you want it.  Oh, and that adverts you may be seeing for a 25
Japanese Tigermilk CD won't result in you getting it early, so don't
go for it - everyone gets the real Tigermilk at the same time,
apparently, and I know it can't be long because Stuart M made a trip
to London to sort it out recently, and I think it's being mastered
now.  Maybe.

On to more fickleness: doing my daily Sinister scan, I spotted the
following proverb from the super David Moore: "He who f**ks with
honey will come to a sticky end".  Shall I use this as some sort of
advert for Camber Sands?  I might earn my entrance fee back with
positively glowing references such as this.  I will place it in
florid writing above the door to my chalet, all clients get a free
G&T and a foot massage.

Rod's punchlines: "Goodness Father Antonio, I said pass me the
loofah".  Don't blame me, after Steady Mike's revelations about which
section we find ourselves in Time Out magazine, I'm just trying to
get us listed under the "Cheesey 70s Smut" section too.  And
advertise my love for "Sunset Beach".

There's been a load of newspaper cuttings recently on all the Brits
stuff and I've got a proper little collection.  I'm "clearing
copyright" just now, which makes me sound terribly important, but
actually means I sent three emails, so soon I'm hoping to stick them
up on the Sinister wall, for your delectation.  They're very amusing,
sometimes unintentionally so.

I quite like Peter's one-man campaign for screaming guitar solos on
the new B&S LP, and I suspect it's paying dividends already on the
list.  A tribute to Dave Gilmour, countless The Who odes, and some
sort of Metal convention being held under our auspices??  Goodness
I'd better dig out me denim.  Can I mention that Linda bought Black
Sab's greatest hits last year?  Along with The Corries.  Not on the
same CD.

A few customary reminders: please remember Jeepster set up a "Meetup
Bulletin Board" ages ago, for people who are trying to organise
Sinister (and presumably non-Sinister) liasions in various parts of
the world, just to keep information that's only relevant to a few off
the main list (remember there's 950 of us).  I'd suggest that we keep
on using this, and mark the entry titles "Sinister:" there if you
want to refer to list meetups, to make it clear where we're coming
from.  This should keep Andy Dean happy in his big hairy cave.  If
you want to mail the list once and mention that you're trying to
organise something locally, that's ok, just take it offline after
that, maybe asking local people to mail YOU privately and then
setting up something between yourselves.  And then tell us what
happened when you get back, to file away in the Sinister Chamber of
Horrors.

I'm hoping Jeepster will similarily set up a Support Group Message
Board for Mr Christopher Mellan from Holyrood School, so you can
similarly send messages of support offline.

Finally I'm still hoping to get to the Looper doo-dah in Edinburgh
this afternoon, as long as my legs stay on.  So I'll see you all
there then.

"honey man/lady" (c. Chris Mellan 1999)  xxx

P.S. Finally, I'm all for covert operations, but it would actually be
quite nice to recognise other Sinistereens at Cambers, the Looper
things etc.  I don't for a moment imagine we can get our act together
to get special Sinister badges, broaches or hats organised (I'd be
worried if we could), so what I suggest is this: if you wish to be
identified by other Sinistereens, wear a B&S badges upside-down, a
bit like an old Vincent Price film.  If you haven't got one, make
one.  For added sinister effect, you can mutter the words of "Photo
Jenny" backwards in latin under your breath is you want.
Upside-down.  I'm dead serious.