Sinister: It's a mighty long way down rock and roll, from the grosvenor cafe to la fete du bowl

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 12 18:10:19 GMT 1999

::::::::::WHAT'S THE DEAL, GLOCKENSPIEL?::::::::::

As previously reported, the Four Hundred Flustered Freeloaders event last
night was quite a good giggle, even if it took an hour to get served at the
bar. I think a special mention oughta be made of Steadymike's homage to Eric
Morecambe from behind the curtain on the stage. And Casarotto showed
tremendous puff and lip technique on the recorder: he's obviously been
practicing. I must make it quite clear at this point that should a picture
appear in a music magazine next month of someone looking like me thrashing
away at a xylophone with a demented look on his face, it is an elaborate and
cruel photographic hoax.

::::::::::SHAGTAGSTIC::::::::::

Has anyone been watching Queer as Folk on Channel 4? This week's episode was
a corker, not least for the scene that was set in some club called Babylon.
As everyone goes in they are slapped with a sticker with a number on it.
This way people can put up messages on a noticeboard saying things like
"Number 31, I would like to buy you a Tizer" and "Number 101, does your
happylamp need buffing?".  Apparently, these stickers are called "ShagTags".
Though I am assured that in no way does this have anything to do with the
Champion Sex Carrot of Chorlton. I think we should organise something along
these lines for Camber Sands. Get to it Mr Kitchen.

::::::::::MODEM LIFE IS RUBBISH::::::::::

Me and Caleb are going to start working on the next issue of Papercuts ("the
best fanzine in the world"- PJMiller) quite shortly, and we are looking for
submissions. If you'd like to write a feature or an interview, or draw some
pictures or something, get in touch. ...One thing we want to do for the next
issue is celebrate the reissue of Tigermilk by printing people's anecdotes,
experiences etc of first getting hold of, and hearing the record. So if you
would like to reminisce in print, (no more than 200 words, please), or
contribute anything at all, then mail me at poetryplace2 at easynet.co.uk

Stevie Trousers
xxxx