Sinister: belle in sun and tinder in winter

Jan Imgrund jimgrund at xxx.fr
Mon Mar 15 13:58:51 GMT 1999

Bonjour la liste,

> i reckon most b&s songs were written in sunny
> weather, they sound warm to me

Hey, this is extremely true. They sound like lying on your back in
the sun, in a park, where there are quite improbably no ghetto-
blasters blasting rap-songs near you, and thinking of complicated,
but very harmless nonsense...
and this brings me to a (very) late follow-up to the question of the
difference between B&S and Tindersticks music: they are both warm,
but Tindersticks is the warmth of sitting inside, staring at the
chimney fire and sipping some expensive alcoholic drink while there
is a major snowstorm going on outside; while B&S is the warmth of a
sunny day, sitting on a blanket in a park, sipping some non-
expensive, non-alcoholic drink, and so on (see above). B&S is a
summer band and Tindersticks a winter-band. Too bad that
Tindersticks' new album is due to release in August...
Good that this problem is solved now.
But there still is another problem: why are there so many B&S fans
who are also Pulp fans, like myself? I cannot see that these 2 have
anything in common, except that the music is extremely good. Please
help.

Oh, and I recruited my first B&S fan! I am proud. But I must admit it
was very easy: she was a Nick Drake fan already. Being a fan of Nick
Drake and never hearing of B&S: what a terrible fate. Like being
catholic and never having heard of the pope. But who is still
catholic, nowadays. Ironic sigh.

S&M and Bible studies,
Jan
The Dark Site of the Moon:
 http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/index.html

"Illusion is the first of all pleasures"   - Oscar Wilde