Sinister: sun

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 16 13:26:58 GMT 1999

>Oh come on, don't be such an extremist, Richard. They live in Scotland,
>yeah, but Scotland gets hot, too! Why were all those kids from
>Trainspotting running around in tiny little t-shirts? Eh? You can't fool
>us yanks! Next thing I know you're going to tell me heroin makes you
>sweat!

Well yes, but on these grounds, Mick from B+S once said something that made
me think about the situation. It's dead rainy in Glasgow, much more so than
here in Edinburgh, despite the two cities being pretty close, this is cause
Glasgow gets the rainshadow effect from the islands.

Mick figured that basically cause of it always raining, that people just
stayed in their bedrooms and wrote songs.

I doubt there's much truth in any of these things. It's defintely something
in the water. It's not the people who write the songs anyway, it's the
pixies, who come around at night and put great songs underneath peoples
pillows.

Only last night I found "London Nights" by the London Boys jammed under my
pillow. Trust me to get a song that someone else had already written!

Discovered last night that on Virgin radio around about midnight, it's
"Ooooh" Gary Davies!

Cheers,
  Keith.