Sinister: Re: The Connections

weejay V0168JE2 at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 16 13:51:57 GMT 1999

Andrew Tracey wrote:

> So much music is all 'look at me, look at me, aren't I fab'. I think this
> is what connects fans of B+S, Tindersticks and also Pulp, as Jan said.

This is what I've been thinking about. It didn't strike me at the time
but Pulp, B&S and now Ooberman seem to be my big obsessions
and what's the link? Sensitive Working Class Intelectulals or SWCI
for short. it all makes sense now.
Incidentally, is anyone else on here into ooberman? They had a
peel session last week and they played a new song called 'Sur La
Place' and, well, it was like hearing 'The State I Am In' or 'Babies'
for the first time. Wow!
And Danny Ooberman's a real sweetie too. I think he does the
website - the best band one I've seen at http://www.ooberman.com

					james xxxx

"Weej! Shut Up!" - everybody, all the time.
Blue Glow is at;
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/blueglow.html
And you can visit me at
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/wjpages.html