Sinister: Ooberman

Brennan brennan at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 16 18:33:50 GMT 1999

Yes! Ooberman are great aren't they. Ive got their Shorley Wall EP =
(Seratonin Smile is very good on it). Try going into you're local Virgin =
Megastore and asking for Ooberman and watch the assistant's face drop. =
It took them half and hour to work out what I was saying. I do seem to =
prefer bands like Belle, the Tindersticks, Ooberman, Ben Harper etc but =
then I break the mould with the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.=20

The SWCI idea is good, but posibly too general in assuming that =
 everybody comes from the same background. I think it's more in the type =
of music they play, not the kind you have to try hard to get into (but =
not MOR) and the kind with a good story in it (She's selling seashells =
on the Shorley Wall). I'm afraid Pulp (or plop as I like to call them) =
 are not on my list. Jarvis Cocker (illegitimate son of Joe Cocker) gets =
on my tits, but some of the sogs are good. REM do come into the equation =
 though, not exactly the working class type but definitely the well =
 stuctured story orientated music. Maybe that's it then, just very well =
 structured music. Who knows what accounts for taste? Some people like =
 Billie after all.

 News Flash...Pete Waterman is accusing Billboard of being fixed after =
 Steps didn't get to number one. It was in his business plan and =
 everything, and now he's going to have to go home and rewrite it all. Aw =
 poo, he said at a recent press conference.

 Later, Oliver
 A levels are so depressing. I want to go out and play in the sun, but =
there's too much work to do...