Sinister: give yrself up to the allure...

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Tue Mar 16 22:25:01 GMT 1999

good afternoon/evening, sinisterites...

perhaps it was divine inspiration (or sinister designs upon my
all-too-easily-distracted mind), but i was hit yesterday with the
overwhelming desire to re-read "catcher in the rye."  kimmy helped me
out by lending me her beloved copy (kisskiss, KIsMet!), and, rather
than tackle my chemistry homework or review for my english midterm, i
spent yesterday curled up on a chair in our sunroom, under a blanket,
cat in my lap, tea at my side...  delving into the strange and
beautiful world of one holden caufield...  i made a bookmark out of
black paper and silver pen -- i wrote "give yourself up to the allure
of catcher in the rye"...  and that is exactly what i did....

oh!  i am so anxious for this week of exams to be over -- for on
saturday i board a plane for london...  perhaps i'll never return.
i'll fall in love with the city and stay there forever....  on a more
practical note, i have tix for this looper gig, which is apparently
at the improv theatre on 24 march -- next wednesday.  i have not
heard any mention of it here -- is anyone else going??

take care,
marie