Sinister: "...memory is not life and it's not love..."

Snowinsumr at xxx.com Snowinsumr at xxx.com
Wed Mar 17 01:39:10 GMT 1999

dear "sluggish and somber" diary...

i've been contemplating life today...seemed the thing to do...with the sun
blazing in the sky and being trapped in the library and all...not trapped,
no...as i love my quiet, unobtrusive daily jobs there...strange the way people
cling to things the way they do...as i myself do...that's why the phrase
"memory is not life and it's not love" came into play...i realized that i love
things more in retrospect making them appear better and more pleasant than
what they were...i suppose we all do...it's frightening to know that,
though...to know that i could trap myself in a hopeless dream of romanticized
illusion...maybe it wouldn't be such a terrible thing...as reality can really
be a bore at times...not my reality right now, though...i like where i
am...but maybe later a dream or two would be nice to fall back into...i
haven't written to "sinister" in awhile...something seems different...it
disturbs me...it's not the lovely people, of course...something within us is
changing...i feel strange...listening to the field mice...i think i should go
out for awhile...

love,
m. elise