Sinister: "...memory is not life and it's not love..."

Youn Jong Noh ynoh at xxx.EDU
Wed Mar 17 02:07:43 GMT 1999

> "memory is not life and it's not love" came into play...i realized that i love
> things more in retrospect making them appear better and more pleasant than
> what they were...i suppose we all do...it's frightening to know that,

for me, i don't think that things appear better in retrospect but that
when things do happen in my life, which is so rare, i'm usually so stunned
that i'm afraid i'm losing things that i won't be able to retrieve.

i wonder how stuart murdoch loves.  a while back there were some biblical
comparisons which reminded me of a line of thought which i had been
persuing earlier, namely, how various band members should be identified
with characters in this novel called lord of the flies that i had to read
in school long ago and i couldn't make up my mind whether stuart ought to
be identified with simon or with ralph.  it's touching that one of
stuart's favorite writers appears to be c.s. lewis on account of the fact
that he's not at all fashionable in the way writers like kafka are (though
the attention these writers receive is not at all undeserved) and it makes
that odd spiritual almost ascetic side of stuart make sense.  of course,
it's really silly that i'm making all these conjectures about a person
whom i know only through their songs, the one or two lines that he spoke
on the chat session on the jeepster site, and the photos...i always
thought it was slightly odd that in the photos from the web site of the
fan in washington dc that in the picture in which they appear together,
that they should appear so separate. he doesn't appear unfriendly, but i
don't think he's someone who would casually put his arm around you.