Sinister: either im dreaming or its raining

Tjonrr at xxx.com Tjonrr at xxx.com
Wed Mar 17 11:35:54 GMT 1999

so if youre worried about the looper lp just remember that quote from mick
jones i think, about sandinista, i cant remember exactly but something like
"the thing about this album is you can dance all the way through, you just
have to dance a certain way". thats what i thought of when i first heard it
anyway.
can i just say while youre talking about ooberman again that my copy of
sugarbumsugarbumsugarverynicebum is WARPED. its all bent at one side and when
i play it it goes fssssst...fssssst...which looks very nice in print but not
so nice to listen to. i dont care, i only bought it for the lovely transcopic
brown cardboard sleeve anyway. in fact i think the whole thing is like that on
purpose, like as a metaphor for EVIL boys who look nice and shy like theyd
help your granny with her shopping but are in fact SEXUAL DEVIANTS. like yer
man murdoch frinstance. as my brother said about some other ginger person
"nice enough guy, but you wouldnt want him to marry your daughter". from the
mouths of gobshites etc.
well the only thing thats getting me up in the mornings is the two new hefner
singles, the sticky one and the spanish one, which i found in accaemmyvoo of
all places. five tracks. £7.49. car insurance? daylight robbery. and i missed
the gospel session cause i was at billy bragg. £12. see above. and while we
enjoyed his humourous observations on gloaming and feudalism, if hed shut up
for a minute between songs we wouldnt have missed the last bus.
if this email was the magnificent seven, this would be where joe strummer says
"fackin long innit"
the only other thing ive really been listening to (apart from sandinista of
course. underrated classic that.exept for the last few tracks when it all goes
a bit wibble) is old arab strap sessions. the night i saw you, off the first
peel session, never been released, probably never will now (theyve moved on
see) pure genius, and it contains the lyrics "but this guy stuart had gave us
tickets to see his band belle and sebastian", also later on "and i think the
girl im looking for is friends with the girl who plays the cello".and because
of the way its been recorded  you get john peel at the end saying "feedback
maddened kids" and then after first big peel thing "real drums, listeners"
does anyone know the gordon legge short story about john peel and
hillsborough? its a bit special.
someone my brother knows says they once met joe strummer and he was really
thick. but then he says it was in the hammersmith palais so hes probably
talking shite, cause that would be a bit too tidy.
      from tjohn
"after all this time to believe in jesus
 after all those drugs i thought i was him
 after all my lying, and crying, and my suffering
 i aint good enough, i aint clean enough, to be him"