Sinister: Why Oh Why Oh Why

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Wed Mar 17 11:47:59 GMT 1999

Hup hup hup,

Well, slap me twice with a chamois leather, Spring has sprung down
here in the South-East and it's going to take a legion of
sturdy-legged representatives of the local Townswomen's Guild to shove
the bastard back in its box.  Or else the damp cold front that's
forecast for later in the week.  Ho-hum.

I had a veritable grain-silo of ersatz Genocidal Waves info with which
to confound you all with (code name: Easy Target), but I see Peter and
Chris stole all my best ideas before I had a chance to think of them.
So that's buggered that thread.

A quick trip to the archives reveals some fiendish font tomfoolery has
taken place.  Whether it's my browser, the archive software or a
deliberate act by Honey (all scagged out on Toblerone and Sunny
Delight, no doubt) - the text of each Sinister message now resembles
nothing so much as a letter written on one of them fancy early-80s
electric typewriters.  All scripty and Barry Took-era "Points Of
View".  Keith Watson's last Rock Epistle resembles a missive from
Appalled of Tewkesbury, voicing their concern at the rising tide of
filth filling our screens before the watershed.

Scanned the Looper live review in the NME this morning at King's X;
the gist of it seemed to be "quite nice, but members of B&S, like
their fans, should learn to escape their cosy world and expand their
horizons a little" (I'm paraphrasing here).  And this from the NME.
Gordon Bennett.  Little do they realise that uberfan Andy Dean was
probably busy emptying the Rough Trade shop of brutalist technoid
bleepscape nonsense as Looper played their set.  Cardigans of steel,
pal.

Mike.