Sinister: I know where the summer dwells...

Andrew Tracey viscount at xxx.net
Wed Mar 17 16:43:11 GMT 1999

At 02:10 pm 17/03/99 GMT0BST, Robin wrote:

>Sorry, I must be more relevant.
>Andrew Tracey said:
>>The problem is I can't read books. Lord knows I've tried.
>>I've bought half a dozen books in the past six months but I can't
>>seem to finish any of them.
>Maybe you're just reading the wrong books for you. I'm a physics
>student too and for some reason I got it into my head a few years ago
>that I ought to be reading science fiction. So I tried, and I failed,
>and I realised that I just didn't enjoy that sort of book. So look
>around for your sort of book. If that fails what you should do is
>get a book and rip out say, nine pages in ten. That way a two-hundred
>page book will be reduced to twenty pages. Hooray! You've read it in
>half an hour!

Reminds me of an old Woody Allen joke, from the time he did stand up comedy.
This works best if you imagine Woody saying it with Woody length pauses
between lines.

'I've recently been studying a speed reading course................ It's
absolutely fantastic.............. I read War and Peace in twenty

Mark - I can't believe I missed Celtic Giant. Just goes to show I should
never speed read the Racing Post. I think we've drawn a blank so far today
- I shall see what I can root out for tomorrow.

bye for now

andrew (honey - I'm not a real viscount so there's no point in anyone
marrying me for my money)