Sinister: Hold Off! Unhand Me, Graybeard Loon!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Mar 17 18:10:43 GMT 1999

Has Mister Honey had a birthday? Did it coincide with Jack Kerouac's?
Bloody beatniks, the pair of you! Happy birthday, Big Tackle! I look
forward to abusing that "no-mail" setting on the first Tuesday of
every month. Do they all come tumbling out at you when you switch it
off again?

I think it's a bit unfair to accuse Jack Kerouac of being a
misogynist, just because he invented the expression "her indoors" to
refer to his wife. It's funny that Tim should mention using his books
as bog roll, because legend has it that "On the Road" was written on a
massive toilet roll in five minutes of speed-driven creativity, or
something. And the band played be-bop if you like.

Tim also wrote:

The LP of the Investiture of the Prince of Wales (1969) came out on
well-respected reggae label Pama Records. This is the truth.

This is the most fascinating thing I've read on the list in ages. This
is the truth. Have you got it, Tim? Could you scan the cover and send
it to Paul? I've seen that Welsh voodoo slate circle thing where he
was initiated, you know. Prince Charles, I mean, not Paul. It was the
same day I bought the Runaround Quiz Book, which was the subject of
fevered debate on the list a few months ago. WHSmith's. The Queen did
it. Wearing green, I think.

Steady on, Steady Mike! There's plenty of mileage to be got from the
Generous Whales website! We could even have a competition to see who
can find most mistakes in Isobel's lovely wee story "Modern Homes". I
counted over forty, not including errors of judgement. Someone needs
an Accu-type course, I think. I started one, but never got past teh
first level. See what I mean? Intelligentsia indeed! Pah! PAH!

Speaking of courses, how come only students feel the need to tell 1000
strangers what "work" they're doing? You don't hear roadsweepers
saying "I've got fourteen streets to do before lunchtime" do you? DO
YOU? No, you don't. Because no one gives two hoots.

Ooon, hopefully I can alleviate your suffering (or make it worse) by
getting round to sending your tape, provisionally entitled "Madame
Ooon's Exotic Palace of Soul". I'm sad you're not going to Camber
sands, I was looking forward to hearing about your attempts to do your
elephant nonsense with the donkeys.

The wedding guest he beat his breast,

Sister Disco