Sinister: luna loopers

duke of harringay editor at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 17 21:10:09 GMT 1999

hello, my name is kit.

listening to the looper lp and thinking again about that dreaded troon
promenade with it's bugging system designed to catch glaswegian crack
dealers which cruelly backfired one day back in '78, recording all my
deranged infantile imaginactions onto a microtape before sending them
into the ethers to emerge, not unlike the bloke with the envelope in the
rain in Back To The Future, in the greasy paws of one Stuart David
twenty years later and from which he constructed his Looper myth. he
even has the gall to write a story about a beach. the cheeck of it.

i listened to the Looper lp on the way to school today. the sun was in
the sky, the sky was blue, and the little tale about laying on your back
and looking at the stars with your back getting wet from the dew, well i
tell you my heart lodged in my throat. i played it in my class several
hours later to the strains of 'what's that shit?' except they never said
shit because they would have got into trouble. obviously.

kids today. no taste. sheesh.

why does no-one talk about glo-worm on the list? don't people know of
their god-like genius? and is anyone else beside themselves at the
prospect of the Black Tambourine CD coming out sometime soon on
Slumberland records? What do you mean, Slumberwhat and Black tambawho?
You never heard 'Throw Aggi Off The Bridge' with it's Meat Whiplash
sonic wall of melody? And you ask Meat Wholash???? get an education,
kids!

someone mentioned Luna. their new single is fantastic, plus they do a
cover of Kraftwerk's 'Neon Lights'. it's fine fine fine, which is all
you'd expect from a group that marries Galaxie 500 to the mythical
Feelies. Did you know that Del Amitri once wanted to be like the
Feelies?

the new Wilco record is lovely too.

keep the faith,

the duke

'what's the name they call ones like us?'
Tangents On-Line http://www.tangents.co.uk
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
editor at tangents.co.uk